This is an activity for you to lead in the classroom.
This activity is for you to take, using the resources below.
The resources for this case study can be adapted to suit the age and curriculum needs of each student.
Pupils need will need to prepare a short, two-minute presentation about the Broads in their chosen foreign language - e.g. French or German. This activity can also be adapted for pupils studying other foreign languages.
Students will learn how to:
- Research the key points of interest about the Broads
- Research how to translate unusual or technical words into their chosen language
- How to translate colloquial expressions into the foreign language - so their talk sounds 'natural'
- Oral presentation skills
- (Optional) IT skills - pupils could choose several methods to make their presentation more interesting including creating a Powerpoint document or filming their own video
Why we love the Broads!
Pupils from Broadland High School, Hoveton, demonstrate their language skills by talking about why they love the Broads in
- and geography pupils do their talk in English
Curriculum links (England):