- Entries must be submitted by Instagram tagging @nationalparksuk and using the hashtag #NPUKPics23. Failure to do so may mean that your entry is not picked up by the judging team.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the terms and conditions, and warrants that:
- they are the copyright owner of the image.
- was taken and processed by you, or by a group of which you are an active participant.
- is your or your group’s original work.
- does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- has permissions from any individuals identifiable in the image.
- does not contain any obscene or defamatory content or material.
3. The entrant agrees to indemnify the competition organisers against all costs and claims by third parties arising from breach of this agreement.
4. If a photo is submitted with a watermark or copyright mark entrants may be asked to submit a version without these marks.
5. If successful, entrants must be able to provide a high res image of at least 1MB in Jpeg or TIFF file format.
Copyright and use of images
- National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages are dedicated to supporting public understanding of their work. The images submitted in the 2023 #LoveYourNationalParks photography competition serve as key resources for National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages, and, as such, we need to be able to use your image(s) in certain ways. This includes marketing and communications activities.
- Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images. In all instances, the copyright holder will be credited, wherever practicable, when the image is used and published by National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages.
- If included by you we will use your first and last name or Instagram handle as supplied during the entry process (e.g. © photographer’s name).
- Although National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages will always supply the correct information to third parties (for example to press / media), we cannot accept responsibility for any credit line errors or omissions by these parties.
- By entering, all entrants grant National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages a non-exclusive, irrevocable worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, and publish any image entered into the competition:
- In promotional, press, marketing materials, including social media and website, to promote and publicize the competition.
- For any other marketing, promotional or press purposes at the sole discretion of National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages.
6. National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages are committed to processing information in accordance with the current Data Protection Act (DPA). Images will be stored securely in appropriate file formats on servers belonging to National Parks UK.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMPETITION IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GRANT THESE RIGHTS.
- Competition closes midnight Friday 8th September.
- Shortlist announced and public voting opens: Monday 2nd October.
- Voting closes midnight Friday 27th October.
- Winners announced Friday 3rd November.
- National Parks UK will select a shortlist of 10 images to go to (1) public vote across social media and (2) voting by Sykes Holiday Cottages staff to select the winning photos. Their decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of winners.
- Winners will be announced in November and notified by email/social media account in advance of public announcement.
- If your image is selected as the winning image, you will be entitled to receive a £250 Sykes Holiday Cottages Voucher. If the same image wins both Public Vote and Sykes staff vote – only one prize will offered (£250 Sykes Holiday Cottages Voucher).
- The Competition prize is £250 of Sykes Holiday Cottages Vouchers.
- Sykes will not be held accountable for any costs, losses, damages and expenses (including travel fees) which the winner may incur in relation to The Competition or prize or as a result of any misrepresentation of the prize.
- The Sykes Holiday Cottages Vouchers are valid for a period of two (2) years from the date of issue. Any remaining balance on a gift voucher may no longer be used after the expiry of its validity period.
- The Competition prize is non-transferable and there shall be no alternative prize or cash alternative offered.
- If your photo is shortlisted we will contact you via the social media platform you provided when tagging the picture.
- You may be asked questions about your image during our data checking period. We reserve the right to remove your image from the shortlist if you do not meet our rules or we are concerned about the veracity of your image.
- Valid wherever legal only, the rules of this competition are subject to the legal and regulatory restrictions imposed under English law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- Any personal information of entrants will only be used and, where necessary (credits).
- You can withdraw your consent and photograph by emailing email@example.com . Your image will be removed from the competition and our files.
Accepting the rules
- By entering your photo to the #LoveYourNationalParks competition you are deemed to have accepted the above rules and to have granted the rights to National Parks UK and Sykes Holiday Cottages set out above.
- Please do not submit a photo to the competition unless you are prepared to agree to these terms.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PREVAIL IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONFLICT OR INCONSISTENCY WITH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, INCLUDING ADVERTISING OR PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS.
About Sykes Holiday Cottages
Sykes Holiday Cottages are one of the UK’s leading independent holiday cottage rental agencies. Offering over 22,000 cottages across the UK, Ireland, and New Zealand, there’s plenty of choice for your next escape. Whether you’re seeking a beachside apartment, a traditional countryside cottage, or anything in between, you’re sure to find it with us. If you’re looking for inspiration on where to travel for your next adventure, be sure to browse our Travel Guide. Here you’ll find a whole host of information on exciting locations and their very best attractions. From the beautiful Cairngorms to the dramatic scenery of the Lake District, there are plenty of locations letting you uncover the many wonders of a variety of National Parks. Boasting an extensive range of unique self-catering cottages paired with 30 years’ experience in the industry, you can be sure to book with confidence. Find your perfect stay in a National Park with Sykes Holiday Cottages today. Browse the whole catalogue of cottages online, or call us on 01244356695.